Saturday, November 1, 2008

One Year...We Miss You!



This last month has been a little bit of a challange, but also a great milestone in Joe and I's lives. The 24th of October marked what would have been Ayden's one year old birthday. We did our best to stay positive and make the best of our little guys birthday, but it was still hard. He is missed very much. We were able to spend about three hours in the Temple and just hold eachother and cry. But, what an amazing opporitunity to feel the spirit and receive some answeres to our heartache and worries. The only thing that I am worried about now is going through the year mark of the day that he died. We have great support and my parents are making a special trip to come and spend that weekend with us. The begining of this month Joe and I also made a special trip to the Cemetary to visit his grave and take him a little gift.



It was a very rewarding experience and we had a wonderful time building some good and positive memories of our little boy. Plus it was the first time we were able to see his headstone.


On a more upbeat note..... Joe and I are very greatful for the experiences that we have faced this year and for the trust that the Lord has given us and that He has in us to carry and face these trials. We know without a doubt that we will be able to be with our boy again and raise him in a perfect world. We also are very excited to be able to see him again and hear of all the wonderful things that he was called back to Heaven to do.

4 comments:

Jaimee said...

Love you girl! I'm thinking of you for sure! You are such an inspiration and strength for me.

Adam & Jetta said...

Congratulations on making it through a tough milestone and turning it into a time for great spiritual growth. Love ya!

Zach and Jordy said...

We have been thinking about you, Joe, and Ayden these past few weeks. Much love to you back in Boise!!

Felicia said...

Kira--you are a beautiful example to me for your strength and optimism! I have thought of you often and miss your lovely face. Hope you don't mind that I found your blog! Maybe I can keep up with you better. :) I am having fun doing the play with your mom and Kylie and hear little updates . . . my blog is www.boldervisions.net/pofam.