Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcome to the world Ashtyn!

Well things this go around were a little hecktic again. I planned on delivering at the birth center down town naturally. I went in to labor at 12:30am on the 2oth and things were progressing very well until about 7:30. Same thing happened last time with Ayden. I had one edge on my cervix that would not thin. Once the midwives broke my water we leared that the baby had passed a meconium stool and so that complicated things a little more. After not progressing for three hours, Joe and I prayed about what we should do. My contractions were getting so strong that I almost passed out twice and I had one that made me do a little projectile vomiting. At that point Joe and I felt prompted that we needed to go to the hospital. I was given a epidural, thank heavens, and that did the trick.... I was able to relax and my cervix dialated the rest of the way. I think I pushed maybe five times. Because the baby passed the meconium he was rushed to the NICU to be suctioned out and make sure that he had not swollowed any of the fluid. Joe and I thank the Lord for the prompting to go to the hospital because it could have been really bad if we hadn't. He spent a couple of days in the NICU but we were able to bring him home yesterday. Yeah! We love having him here...the long wait to have a healthy and baby and participate in the joys of being a parent have been long awaited. Here are some pictures. We named him Ashtyn Lee and he was 8 pounds 8 ounces (exactly what Ayden weighed), 21 inches long and a head full of hair.


I finally get to hold the baby I've been waiting so long for!


No fun with all the monitors, but we are so happy to have a healthy baby!


One of the nurses did his hair.... I love it!




Ready to go home, just waiting for mom to get discharged from the hospital.

Just sleeping peacefully

6 comments:

amber schmidt said...

Congrats!!!! He's so beautiful! Sorry your labor didn't go as you hoped, but I am glad you are both doing well.

Adam & Jetta said...

He is so handsome!!! Hope you're all adjusting well.

Jaimee said...

I'm so excited for you guys! He really is super cute! and I'm so glad things are going well. Love you!

Zach and Jordy said...

I'm so glad to see that you guys have a healthy little boy. I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go as you had planned, but the Lord's plan really is the best. Congratulations from Zach, Jordann, and Keller.

Jonny and Kara said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I'm glad all is well!

J & A Danes said...

Congratulations Kira! I am so happy for you! What a beautiful baby boy!