Saturday, November 21, 2009

Eight Months Old (yesterday)

I cannot believe that Ashtyn is eight months old. I remember thinking that he was so old at six weeks. I started crying yesterday while I was watching him play on the floor and just this morning when I thought I was in control, he took of crawling for the first time. WHAT! I started crying again. I keep thinking how little time we really have with our children and why we have to watch what we say and do. Time just goes by so fast and they learn so quick. I have to be careful the mood that I'm in around him as well because he picks up on it and most of the time copies me.
I cut his hair the other day. He looks like such a little man now, but it is SO SO cute. I'll have to post some pictures here pretty soon. I took probably close to two inches off and he still has a head full of hair. It was a fight though. He hates people touching his head, even if it is just a pat, he will arch his back and scream at you. So, to say the least, I had to pin him down with me legs so I could use both my hands to buzz him. Let's just say..... he took a really good nap when we were done. It was well worth it though.
Just one last thought. Let's all try harder to let our children know how much we really do care about them and how much we need them in our lives. I don't know if I feel this way a lot more often because of what happened to Ayden, or if I am feeling it because of a book that I am reading called "Unlikely Truths of Motherhood," but I just feel like we need to be more greatful for our children. They bring so much joy and happiness into our lives and we need to show them how much we love them each day. Sit and play with them. Laugh with them. Be patient with them. Teach them. And most of all tell, them and show them that you love them because you never know when you will no longer have them.

No comments: